Devoted to exploring off the beaten path for beautiful waterfalls, wildflowers, and landscapes in West Virginia.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Photoessay: A Hike Around Boley Lake, Babcock State Park

The Lake View Trail makes a mile long circuit around Boley Lake in Babcock State Park. I hiked this trail last week in search of autumn colors. Fall foliage color was limited on the south side of the lake because the trail wound and tunneled through a lot of rhododendron. But the north side was pretty. Below are a few examples of color I found along the trail. Hope you enjoy the hike!
Boley Lake, Oct. 2012
I might add that the lake is often ignored by photographers who come to Babcock seeking autumn colors. On any given day, the grist mill is cramped with photographers and visitors. It’s very difficult to get off a shot without someone in the frame. On the day I visited the park, this was true. But when I drove up to Boley Lake, the parking lot was empty! As I mentioned in a prior post, there is so much more to Babcock than the mill. Post of October 11, 2016
Boathouse



Lake View Trail

Lake View Trail
Lake View Trail

Lake View Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment